Legalizing Marijuana Big Mistake
Tuesday, 13 April 2010


Former drug undercover agent Chuck Wade leads a Drugs Don't Work Seminar for area employers Tuesday morning in Vidalia.  The seminar was sponsored by the Toombs-Montgomery Chamber of Commerce.  (Photo by Debbie Evans.)

April 13--  The drums are beating in California for a vote on legalizing marijuana, however, a drug expert in Georgia says that would be a big mistake. 

Chuck Wade heads the Drugs Don't Work program in Georgia and he warns not to confuse the weak weed of the 1970's with the more powerful marijuana on the streets today.

"If it would produce $25 million in taxes for California, I absolutely guarantee you it would cost them an additional $250 million for substance abuse," he says.

Wade claims liberals like George Soros are backing the legalization agenda with millions of dollars.  However, he believes the best way to counter the move is through education in the workplace where employers have some leverage with their employees.

"There's just not enough education on this topic in this country.  The workplace is the only viable delivery vehicle of drug education on things like why we should not legalize marijuana.  That would be the worst mistake we've ever made in this country, " Wade says.

According to Wade, 77 percent of drug users are employed.  He believes if employers can identify abusers through the Drugs Don't Work program, law enforcement will take care of the remaining 23 percent of abusers.

< Prev   Next >

Copyright © 2014 Southeast Georgia Today Web Portal
This Site is Best Viewed with Screen Resolution of 1024 X 768 Pixels
Website Design & Hosting by Red Wheeler Associates, LLC