Home arrow NewsBreak arrow Doctors Help PAYH
Doctors Help PAYH
Friday, 18 April 2014

April 18-- This May, several local doctors are partnering to make a
difference in the lives of troubled teens at the Paul Anderson Youth Home (PAYH) through the first-ever “Co-Pay May.”

Dr. Mark Spivey with Spivey Orthopedic Clinic and Optim Healthcare, and Dr. Ronnie Smith, Dr. James Barber, Lee Arnold and Dustin Carter at
Vidalia Medical Associates will donate a portion of every co-payment made in their offices on Tuesdays in the month of May.

Co-Pay May will increase awareness of PAYH and the organization’s work to offer young men freedom from dangerous trends affecting today’s youth. The home is an alternative to jail with a comprehensive approach that includes academic training in a SACS accredited high school setting, and incorporates physical fitness, social awareness, work ethicdevelopment, and emotional and spiritual growth.

“We’re honored to have these doctors step forward in such a generous way to make a difference in young men’s lives,” says Matthew Hendley, PAYH director of advancement.

“Contributing portions of patients’ co-payments allows our community to partner with us to transform lives.”

Co-Pay May is a pioneering program in the area that benefits everyone involved while providing the doctors and patients an easy opportunity to give back and affect individuals,families and communities beyond their reach. Spivey Orthopedic Clinic will be matching a percentage of the proceeds from co-pays made in May.

“There aren’t many places you can give to that have the eternal value a gift to the PaulAnderson Youth Home has,” said Dr. Mark Spivey, Spivey Orthopedic Clinic. “The home has been a staple in the Vidalia community for decades, we have complete confidence in its Christian leadership, and we want to remind people that it needs community support to continue to thrive.”

Physicians interested in participating can call Matthew Hendley with PAYH at 912-537-7237.

Individuals can make appointments with their physicians on Tuesdays in May or callHendley for additional ways to get involved.

Every young man who enrolls in the PAYH receives a scholarship to cover 83 percent of the program’s costs through the support of individuals, corporations, churches and foundations, leaving 17 percent tuition for the family, which is significantly less than similar programs.

 
< Prev   Next >
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement


Copyright © 2014 Southeast Georgia Today Web Portal
This Site is Best Viewed with Screen Resolution of 1024 X 768 Pixels
Website Design & Hosting by Red Wheeler Associates, LLC